Wednesday, July 28, 2010

That time of year for me

This is usually when I start planning out Christmas and I have already gotten my new Keepsake Ornaments out of layaway except for the ones that come out in October. I won't be decorating as much as I used to because my children are coming for a week and too much clutter gets in their way. My kitchen will be decorated as usual and my dining room, but the living room will be spared from all the frufru that I usually put out. I am going to put a small tree in our bedroom for my daughter filled with her ornaments and praying she will ship them home this year. I need more space in my closet and she has an enormous amount of things here that should be at her house.

Time to make new arrangments that have become stale and old, so out with old and in with the new. Hope to see you at this year's Christmas Open House. Hugs, Pat

8 comments:

The HopeChest said...

I didn't realize you had your own blog until I was going through my own email notices of comments on my blog and wah-lah. So now I'll keep up with yours, too. Sorry about your slump. I so understand.
Marsha @ (http://marshashopechest.blogspot.com/

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Wow! Christmas already... I'd love to see your displays when you are finished!

Lots of frou frou for sure!

Jillian
Bella Rosa Antiques

Rebecca Nelson said...

Thank you so much for visiting me Pat! I've entered you into my giveaway! I'm following you because I can't wait to see what you are doing for Christmas!

Love to you~

Rebecca

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I can't wait to see your home. When will you start decorating?

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hi Pat,
How smart to start planning now....I should have been so wise when the kids all came home with their families years ago...
We are alone now and too far away for any visits and I just enjoy others decorations...I just don't have the heart any more.
Jil

Connie said...

Pat, email me with your address.
Connie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Ohh, another Christmas blog! I'm glad I found you! Love your pictures! Hope you'll come visit me at Christmas Pudding~ http://christmaspudding09.blogspot.com/ Would love for you to stop by. Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

You are start to plan early, but sounds like fun. Last year, I eliminated a bunch of things that were getting old, so am sure when I unpack it will seem spars.